Compare best dart boards
Viper by GLD Products Shot King Regulation Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard Set with Staple-Free Bullseye, Galvanized Metal Radial Spider Wire; High-Grade Compressed Sisal Board with Rotating Number Ring, Includes 6 Darts, Black, 17.75 inchView on Amazon
- BrandViper by GLD Products
STREET WALK Magnetic Dart Board - 12pcs Magnetic Dart - Excellent Indoor Game and Party Games - Safe Magnetic Dart Board , Boys Toys for 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Year Old Kids and AdultView on Amazon
- BrandSTREET WALK
Winmau Blade 5 Bristle Dartboard with All-New Thinner Wiring for Higher Scoring and Reduced Bounce-Outs , BLACK WHITE RED, 1.50 x 17.75 x 17.75 inchesView on Amazon
GIGGLE N GO Magnetic Darts - Very Popular Gifts for Boys and Girls Toys for Age 5 and Above - Reversible and Easy to Set Up, Magnetic Dart Boards, The Safe Indoor Games Option (Monster Theme)View on Amazon
- BrandGIGGLE N GO
CX L SUM Magnetic Dart Board, Indoor Outdoor Dart Games for Kids with 12pcs Magnetic Darts, Safety Toy Games, Rollup Double Sided Board Game Set for GiftsView on Amazon
- BrandCX L SUM
WIN.MAX Electronic Dart Board,Soft Tip Dartboard Set LCD Display with 6 Darts, 40 Tips, Power AdapterView on Amazon
EastPoint Sports Belmont Bristle Dartboard and Cabinet Set - Features Easy Assembly - Complete with All AccessoriesView on Amazon
- BrandEastPoint Sports
BARRINGTON Bellevue Collection Premium Bristle Dartboard Cabinet Set: Professional Hanging Classic Sisal Dartboard with Self Healing Bristles and Accessories - 6 Steel Tip DartsView on Amazon
- BrandBarrington Billiards
Doinkit Darts Kid-Safe Indoor Magnetic Dart Board - Easy to Hang, Fun to Play, Includes Board and 6 Unique Magnetic DartsView on Amazon
- BrandMarky Sparky
Last update on 2021-06-15 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
As mentioned earlier, you need a high quality dart board to truly enjoy your darting experience. If you are new to this sport, you’d be surprised to learn that there are many dart board types available market.
Types of Dart Boards
- Bristle Dart Board: Bristle dartboards are incredibly durable because of their tungsten or brass based bodies. If you are someone who wants to enjoy an authentic darting experience, opting for a bristle dart board would be a great idea.
- Electronic Dart Board: Electronic dartboards are perfect for people who play soft darts. What’s most impressive about this board type is that it displays your scores and can accommodate multiple players.
- Magnetic Dart Board: This dartboard type is arguably the most common one used by casual players. One of the main reasons why many people opt for magnetic dartboards is that they are safe and kid friendly.
- Wooden Dart Boards; As the name suggests, these dartboards have a wood based body. This product is excellent for mounting on wood based structures. However, it is not as durable as other options.
- Cork Dart Boards: Cork based dart boards provide users with an easy to mount and kid friendly option. Plus, corks are quite durable and can last for long periods, which makes cork dart boards a great option for people looking for a long term darting solution.
The last thing you want to do is choose a dart board that is too big or small for your room. It would be ideal to find out how much space your room has before buying your dart board, making sure you choose the correct size.
Choosing the right material is important to make sure your dart board lasts long. In many cases, people tend to choose the wrong materials and end up regretting their decision. Consider how much you will be using the board, where you will install it, etc. to make sure your dart board lasts for many years.
Depth and Density
Dart boards are available in different depths and densities and choosing the right one is crucial. The deeper and denser your dart board, the more durable it will be.
Kids vs. Adults
Do you have kids in your house and want a safe dart board option? If the answer is yes, consider opting for kid friendly dartboards. However, if your house has adults looking to enjoy a competitive darting match, choose a more robust and durable variant.
1. Best for Home: Viper Shot King Regulation Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard Set with Staple-Free Bullseye
The Viper Shot King dart board tops this list, and for a good reason. Its durable bristle steel body makes it an ideal option for people who want to play darts at home. You will especially love this option if you have kids or pets at home as this product’s robust build can endure rough use.
Furthermore, this product comes with six steel tip darts. What’s most impressive about these darts is that they will stick to your board and won’t fall off, something that’s not possible with low quality dartboards.
- Setting up this kid friendly dart board is quite simple
- This board has high quality sisal fibers with self healing qualities
- The Viper Shot King board has a rotating and detachable number ring
2. Best for Indoor & Outdoor: Stress Walk Magnetic Dart Board – Excellent Party Games
Are you looking for a high quality dart board that you can use outdoors? If the answer is yes, the Stress Walk Magnetic board would be a great option. What’s most impressive about this product is that you can use it indoors as well as outdoors.
This product has magnetic sides and works well with magnetic darts. The lack of sharp edges on this product is a significant reason why this product is perfect for kids and toddlers. Plus, this dart board is also a great option for birthday gifts for kids and adults.
- This product has a magnet body on both sides
- Comes with twelve magnetic darts
- Mounting this dartboard is quite simple
3. Best for Office: Winmau Blade 5 Bristle Dartboard with All-New Thinner Wiring for Higher Scoring and Reduced Bounce-Outs
Working at the office for long periods can get pretty boring and impact your productivity. Getting a decent dart board is a great way to freshen up and entertain yourself during work breaks. This product by Winmau is one of the best office dart boards you will find in the market.
What’s most impressive about this product is its larger scoring area and reduced wiring system. Plus, this dart board has a triple wheel locking system, which offers users a great deal of ease when installing it in their desired area.
- This dart board uses carbon diffusion technology
- Better dart reflection and lower bounce outs
- This board uses Winmau’s famous Rota locking technology to eliminate movement
4. Best for Money: Giggle Magnetic Dart Board Game – Our Reversible Rollup Kids Dart Board Easily Hangs Anywhere
The Giggle Magnetic Dart Board game is the perfect product for people who are looking for a budget friendly option. One may think that this board wouldn’t be as durable as others on this list because of its slightly lower price, but that really isn’t the case. In fact, the giggle magnetic dart board is as durable as they come and provides users with great value for money.
Giggle N Go especially made this product for kids, making sure its darts didn’t have any sharp edges. This product also has vibrant colors and attractive drawings, making it a perfect option for children.
- Incredibly durable build
- Both of this board’s sides are magnetic
- This board has a visually pleasing design
5. Best for Beginners: Cx L Sum Magnetic Dart Board, Safety Toy Games, Rollup Double Sided Board Game Set for Gifts
While throwing darts may seem quite simple, it actually is not. You need a lot of practice to become a master at this sport, which is why opting for a professional level dart board wouldn’t be a wise choice. Instead, you should consider choosing a beginner friendly board like this one. This fifteen inch board is perfect for people who are new to darts, as its relatively large size makes scoring quite easy compared to pro level boards.
What’s more, mounting this product is quite easy and does not take much time. Plus, this board has two sides, making sure you can always change things up if you get bored.
- Excellent dimensions for beginners
- Long lasting build quality
- Comes with twelve magnetic darts
6. Best Electronic Dart Board: Win Max Electronic Dart Board with LCD Display
Digital or electronic dart boards are all the rage these days. More and more people are opting for this product because of the convenience it offers. The Win Max Electronic board is one of the best you will find in online and offline stores.
What makes this product so special is its high quality LCD screen. This screen displays your score, turns and has several other features to make your experience enjoyable and convenient.
This digital dartboard also has a voice announcer to remind you and your partners of your scores, a feature present in very few dart boards.
- This board has a sizeable catch ring
- The dartboard has an accurate scoring system
- Comes with twelve soft tip darts
7. Best Dartboard Cabinets: East Point Sports Belmont Bristle Dartboard
East Point Sports is a well recognized brand, famous for producing high quality dart boards. While this company has a vast array of models, this one is arguably its best. What makes this product so special is its professional level quality and visually pleasing design. East Point Sports used heavy duty steel and bristle to make this product, which is a major reason why it is so robust.
That said, this dartboard cabinet is not suitable for children because of its weight and the steel tip darts that come along with it. If you have experience playing darts and want to replace your old board with a better one, this one would be a great option.
- Comes with one eraser, two chalkboards, and six darts
- Users can remove this board’s number ring
- This product has folding doors to provide extra protection to the board
8. Best Professional: Barrington Collection Bristle Dartboard Cabinet Set – Professional Hanging Classic Sisal Dartboard – Multiple Styles Available
The Barrington Bristle Dartboard is a modern take on the vintage boards people used decades ago. You will love this dart board if you plan to compete on a professional level, as it has several features to help you get ready.
What’s most impressive about this product is that it comes with a high end cabinet that gives the board an extra level of protection, making sure you don’t have to worry about repairing it on a regular basis. You will get all the usual accessories needed to play this game/sport, ensuring you don’t have to spend extra money after purchasing this board.
- Rustic and lightweight design
- Comes with six steel tip darts
- Installing this board is very easy
9. Best Wooden: Center point Solid Wood Dartboard Cabinet – Solid Poplar with Dark Cherry Finish
Finding high quality wood dart boards can be quite difficult. Sure, there are plenty of them available, but finding out one that does not wear and tear too quickly can be tough. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about exploring markets for long periods as the Center Point Wood Dartboard is as high quality as they come.
This board’s dark cherry finish is quite visually pleasing and adds a great deal of flair to wherever you install it. Plus, the sisal fiber used for this board keeps bounce outs to a minimum, providing you with a superb darting experience.
- This product has a solid cabinet made of hard wood
- Comes with steel tipped darts (two sets)
- Eighteen inch sisal fiber board
10. Best Kids Magnetic: Doinkit Darts Kid – Easy to Hang, Fun to Play, No Holes in Walls
The Doinkit dart board is a kid friendly product that keep things simple, fun, and most importantly, safe. The best thing about this board is that it comes with six magnetic darts and has ample space to score points. What’s more, setting this board up is quite easy and five to ten minutes is all you will need to mount it on your preferred wall.
You can use this dart board indoors as well as outdoors without worrying about damaging it, as its strong build can endure rough use.
- This dart board comes with six magnetic darts
- This product is lighter than traditional dart boards
- The strong magnet board will make sure your darts do not fall off
Are you new to dart boards and wondering how to set them up? If the answer is yes, there’s no need to worry as mounting your dartboard is quite easy. All you need to do is follow some straightforward steps and you will be good to go. Here is a list of items you will need to install our dartboard at a place of your choosing:
- A high quality dart board
- A six to eight inch wall (make sure it is away from windows and other fragile items)
- A nine feet distance (minimum) from your room’s wall
- A drilling machine to make a screw hole
- A wall anchor or screw for mounting the dart board
When hanging your dartboard, ensure that its inner bulls eye’s center is five to eight feet away from the floor. However, before you drill a hole, consider checking the back of your board to find the mounting bracket’s position. For those who don’t know, not every dart board has the same mounting bracket position. Electronic dart boards, in particular, have different bracket positioning compared to traditional ones.
If you want a durable and sturdy solution for mounting your dart board, opting for a wall stud would be a great idea. These studs are essentially small pieces of solid wood inside walls. If you are having trouble attaching your board to a wall stud, wall anchors would be an ideal alternative.
After drilling a hole in your preferred area, attach a screw for hanging your dart board. Your screws should be long enough to accommodate the board’s size, making sure they don’t hang awkwardly. After this, take a measuring tape and measure the throwing distance and the board’s height.
Mounting a dart board eight to nine feet away from the wall is quite common as it ensures the throwing distance is not too long or short. Recheck the measurements twice or thrice, and once you are sure they are correct, you will be good to go!
- Rushing Your Form
Accurate darting is all about using the correct form and technique. Not doing so will lead to inaccurate shots and cause you to lose points. Avoid walking towards your dart board when you are throwing your darts and focus on the bulls eye to score more points.
- Matching Your Opponent’s Pace
Many dart players tend to match their opponent’s pace. Habits like these are a surefire way to ruin your form, leading to inaccurate throws. It would be best if you pitched at your own pace, as it will greatly improve your accuracy.
- Overpowered Throws
Don’t overpower your throws if your first throw wasn’t as good as you would have liked it to be. It is a common mistake made by many dart players, even on a professional level.
- Switching to 19
Darts is a mental sport and often times people tend to get frustrated when they don’t get their twenties right. This often causes them to switch to 19s, which isn’t always a good idea. In fact, people often lose their rhythm with this shift and lose out on even more scoring chances.
The last thing any dart player wants to do is miscalculating their score. In many cases, dart players tend to start a twenty, despite having 119 points left. You can easily avoid this issue by keeping track of your calculations from the beginning, and rechecking it every now and then.
Here are answers to some common questions people ask about dart boards.
How High Should a Dartboard Be?
There has been a lot of debate regarding how high a dart board should be, and while there are no restrictions, the ideal height is five feet and eight inches. That said, you can play around with the height depend upon your height.
What to Put Behind a Dart Board to Protect the Wall?
There are plenty of protective covers you can utilize for protecting the wall behind your dart board. Cork boards, in particular, are an excellent option to shield your wall from darts.
How should I stand from a Dart Board?
According to international standards, you should maintain a nine feet distance from your dart board. However, you can adjust this distance, reducing it to seven or eight feet if you are just playing for fun.
What is the Best Quality Dart Board?
As mentioned earlier, dart boards are available in a variety of materials and qualities. If you are looking for a durable option that doesn’t wear and tear too quickly, consider choosing dart boards made from sisal fibers or cork. That said, other variants are not bad either, but they may not last as long.
Are Winmau Darts Good?
Winmau is a well known brand that produces high quality darts. Dart players from different parts of the world opt for this company’s products because of their superb design and quality. The best thing about this company’s darts is that they are suitable for professional dart players as well as those who just play for fun.
What is the Best Electronic Dart Board?
More and more companies are producing electronic dart boards because of their increasing demand. Some are great while others leave a lot to be desired. That said, the Win Max Electronic Dart Board is one of the best ones sold in online and offline stores. It has an easy to follow digital scoring system along with plenty of other features that make it a must have for people who enjoy this sport.
Shooting darts is a great way to spend quality time with friends and family members. You can play this sport for hours without getting bored for a second. However, you need to have the right equipment to have a truly enjoyable experience.
Fortunately, choosing the right dart board should be a walk in the park for you, as this piece mentions everything you need to know for choosing a board that suits you. Our top recommendation, the Viper Shot King is the best dart board for casual and home use. It is kid-friendly and does not wear and tear because of its excellent quality.
However, the Stress Walk Magnetic dart board is a close second and is the perfect choice for people who prefer playing darts outdoors. No matter which product you choose from this list, you can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that you have the best dart board in your hands.